It’s not long now until the Scottish Women’s Bible Convention – online! This year, we are joining forces with the Midlands and Northern Women’s Conventions.
The MWC band has recorded wonderful music, Agnes Brough (from the SWBC planning team) has recorded talks on Jonah and the Midlands Convention team have recorded all the rest of what usually makes up a day at the Convention: reading and praying together, interviews and even an online bookshop from 10ofthose.com.
The videos will premier on https://www.christianconventions.org.uk/midlands-womens/jonah-online-2020/ and on Youtube at 9:30 am on Saturday 3rd October. Each session will run for about an hour with a 15 minute break between them so the programme will look like this:
- 9:30 am Session 1 – Jonah 1:1-16
- 10:45 am Session 2 – Jonah 1: 17 – 2:10
- 12:00 noon Session 3 – Jonah 3-4
You can watch the convention at those times as soon as they go live, or later. In fact, you can watch the Convention any time you like after then as we will leave the videos up on the website and Youtube. So, you can take longer breaks, watch it all again, watch the convention another day or watch over a few days or weeks.
Here are some ideas for using the videos – you probably can think of more! Make sure you meet safely remembering your current local Covid guidelines.
- Get a group of women together to watch it all on one day – as few or as many as you can in your home, another building or outside – weather permitting!
- Take a break in the evening or on the weekend from busyness, work, kids or school to feed on God’s word.
- Share the videos over Zoom or share the link and watch with others who can’t meet physically. Ask someone who is housebound or overseas or isolated.
- Use one session per week in a women’s Bible study or book club.
- Watch on your own, knowing that many others are watching with you!
- Send the link to a friend who doesn’t know Jesus yet.
We hope you will spread the word and that what we miss by not being all together physically, we will make up for by being able to share the convention far and wide with women who have never been or might never be able to come otherwise.
We are praying that God will use it to encourage us all to love and live for Jesus.
Yours in Christ
Agnes, Rachel, Karen, Karen, Miriam, Amy and Naomi (SWBC Planning Team)